Hello, hello and welcome to 8 for the '80s! In
this column, we'll be sharing eight topical links, videos, and memes
from the worlds of film, music, television, celebrity, art, toys,
fashion, technology, pop culture, and beyond, all filtered through a
totally bitchin' '80s perspective.
Got a tip? Shoot us a
Another week, another batch of '80s links, as collected from Internet
points both big and small.
1. Here's a clever Aliens-themed t-shirt.
2. A cycling skinsuit modeled after Pee-wee Herman's signature ensemble? A
cycling skinsuit modeled after Pee-wee Herman's signature ensemble!
3. "A deep exploration of nostalgia and the fading cultural values of an
era of excess" OR 40 minutes of creepy '80s commercials cobbled together
into a supercut. You're welcome.
| Hat tip:
4. Star Trek meets Star Wars, nerd hilarity ensues.
On a related note, here's a new design that filters
Strikes Back through Donkey Kong. Disclosure: I LOVE 8-bit art.
Top Gun is getting the 3D treatment in February.
7. The '80s called and they want their sunglasses back.
8. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. (Did
you see what I did there?)
Illustrated by Robert Shane.
Got a tip?