Hello, hello and welcome to 8 for the '80s! In
this column, we'll be sharing eight topical links, videos, and memes
from the worlds of film, music, television, celebrity, art, toys,
fashion, technology, pop culture, and beyond, all filtered through a
totally bitchin' '80s perspective.
Got a tip? Shoot us a
Another week, another batch of radical '80s links, as collected from
Internet points both big and small...
1. 22 reasons graphic design was better in the '80s. My favorite: laser
cars motoring through a gridded landscape.
2. Our tee of the week references an old school NES game prop. Play on,
A Flock of Seagulls as performed, quite literally, by a flock of
(computer generated) seagulls. With New Wave hair, no less.
4. Da Vinci's The Last Supper, as populated with '80s icons. (New to us,
but not the Interwebs...)
5. On a kinda, semi-related note, here
are 9 movie posters rendered via a pulp book treatment. Pictured below:
6. Indulge your sweet tooth with this amazing illustration that
spoofs both John Candy and Candyland.
7. 100 classic rock riffs, sequenced chronologically. Track forward to the
4:50 mark for the '80s material.
Chicago Music Exchange
8. Give you Mac a throwback look with retro-fresh icons.
Via: Ben Vessey
| Cap tip:
Got a tip?