Hello, hello and welcome to 8 for the '80s! In
this column, we'll be sharing eight topical links, videos, and memes
from the worlds of film, music, television, celebrity, art, toys,
fashion, technology, pop culture, and beyond, all filtered through a
totally bitchin' '80s perspective.
Got a tip? Shoot us a
overfloweth this week with '80s-related links and below, we feature 8 of
1. The Onion's A.V. Club looks back at the work of John Carpenter,
Escape From New York (1981), Big Trouble in
Little China (1986), and They Live (1988).
2. On a related note, Jack Burton has questions, and lots of them.
3. Maxime Mary is a Parisian-based illustrator that draws his inspiration
from '80s cinema.
4. Your ordinary tourist tee, only reimagined with an
Buy it here. | Via:
5. Stuck in the '80s revisits
The Lost Boys (1987) in their
6. NPR interviews John Landis, director of Michael Jackson's iconic
Thriller video (1985).
7. A supercut of '80s movie bullies.
Source | Via:
8. Lastly, Huff Post has the 8 Sexiest Moments of the '80s on MTV.
Got a tip?