Hello, hello and welcome to 8 for the '80s! In
this column, we'll be sharing eight topical links, videos, and memes
from the worlds of film, music, television, celebrity, art, toys,
fashion, technology, pop culture, and beyond, all filtered through a
totally bitchin' '80s perspective.
Got a tip? Shoot us a
Another week, another batch of awesome '80s links, as collected from
Internet websites both big and small.
1. A very attentive
has transcribed Doctor Hathaway's final exam from Real Genius.
Spoiler alert: it's not easy.
It Goes To 11
2. Lego Deloreans inspired by Back To the Future are now a thing.
*Reaches for wallet, hands (and moral resolve) shaking*
Target | Via:
Stuck In The '80s
3. Supercut ninja
Don Draper Says What strikes again: "Ice Ice Baby", as sung by the
movies, something like 298 in total (give or take a few...)!
4. On a related note, here's a supercut of film's most iconic prop tees.
The video includes threads from every decade including the '50s on up,
but is shot through with some amazing sight gags that any
self-respecting child of the '80s will recognize.
See a complete list of every design, movie, and year of release at
Found Item Clothing.
5. Another week, another variation on
Admiral Ackbar's "It's A Trap" meme. This one is mashed around an
Indiana Jones reference and it's really clever.
6. Did you work at Wendy's in the '80s? Let this training video,
which opens in rather pedestrian fashion but closes with a Hip-Hop
flair, take you back...
See the rest at
7. Space Invaders, acted out with human people. MIND = BLOWN!
8. Awesome poster art for The Princess Bride from
Got a tip?
80 for the 80s Archives