What could be more perfect for your next
80s party or 80s Halloween costume than paying tribute to the very 80s Dee
Snider, the front man and face of 80s band, Twisted Sister? If you wanna
rock and aren’t gonna take it anymore, channel Dee using the tips below.
For the outfit, here are the essentials:
• Dee hair (see link to wig at right)
• Makeup – consult photos for direction (beauty
mark, red trapezoidal
cheeks, big blue eyes with
drawn-on darker blue brows)
• Fingerless gloves (fringe a bonus)
• Set of football pads for the shoulders
• Shirt: Dee was a big fan of fringe – you can take a
t-shirt (if you start with long sleeves,
you will have more for longer sleeve fringe)
and cut off the cuffs and then cut the sleeves up towards the shoulders in
about 1 inch strips. Next you will want to cut off the bottom of the
t-shirt so that your stomach is exposed and wear a pair of black
suspenders that you cross in the front to get the X on your mid-section.
Dee was also a big fan of hot pink and adding in a few fringes of fabric
in the fuchsia spectrum would really set the whole thing off.
• Pants: Black is probably easiest or tight jeans.
We’re Not Gonna Take It Video (starring Neidermeyer from Animal House)