All Louis wanted was the love of his neighbor Dana, played by Sigourney
Weaver. What he got was possessed by the demon Gozer and transformed
into the demon Vinz Clortho, the Keymaster.
Dr. Egon Spengler of the Ghostbusters rigged up Louis with some snazzy
looking headgear to find out more about the impending invasion from the
astral plane, and now you can pull off Louis’ signature “wired up” look.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 metal colander, big enough to fit on your head
- Several lengths of curly phone cord and/or wire, preferably red and blue,
maybe some yellow
- Wire connector caps that screw on the ends, used for fastening lengths of wire
- A white belt, strip of cloth, or chinstrap from a helmet to fasten the
colander to your head
- Screws, buttons, circuit boards, etc (bust open an old transistor radio?)
- 1 long sleeve button up shirt, light blue
- Thick lensed square frame ‘nerd’ glasses
- If you can swing it, try and find a tan or orange velour shirt that zips up
the front. Good luck at the thrift store!
Attach the wires and cords to the colander by running them through the
holes and connecting them together with the connector caps. If you have
more electronic gadgety looking doo-dahs, glue them to the colander or
fasten them on with the wires.
Attach the white belt/strap inside the colander so you can fasten it under
your chin and wear it like helmet.
Put on the helmet and glasses, layer your shirts, and you are ready to
party with Gozer the Destructor!!!
Lori Ferraro is the author of
the website Drawn to
the 80s where the greatest hits of the 1980’s are illustrated by her
five-year-old son. Her blog
www.onceuponaproduct.com is where you can read about her obsessions
with make up, food, Mick Jagger, big hair, boys and yes...the 80's.
Follow LT 80s