We received this great list by
email but there was no source listed so we are not able to give
credit to anyone for it. Here's our "thank you" to whoever
out there came up with this great 80s list.
1. You've ever ended a sentence
with the word SIKE
2. You watched the Pound Puppies
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried
to start a club of your own.
5. You owned those lil'
Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls
6. Two words: Hammer Pants
7. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
8. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and
playing cards on your spokes for that
incredible sound effect
9. Your grandma was addicted to TAB cola
10. You owned both Underoos and Garanimals!
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch
13. You wore a
on the side of your head
14. You know all the turtles' names from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt
in a knot on the side
17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it
19. L.A. Gear... need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. (She's
21. You remember reading Tales of a fourth Grade Nothing and all The
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie
24. You ever wore fluorescent
(some of us...head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what
Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks
26. You have ever pondered why
the only female smurf
27. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you
exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you
are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember
43. Don't worry, be happy
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do..getting
yelled at by younger hip members of the family)
46. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder
like you were all that.
47. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't
even flinch when people refer to them as
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved
By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - > YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
55. You just sang those words to yourself
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird
57. Homemade Levi shorts... (the shorter the better)
58. You remember when
59. You had a
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled (pegged) your jeans
62. You owned a banana clip
63. You remember "Where's
64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it
66. You're still singing "Shot Through the Heart" in your head, aren't