Want to play hooky? Take some cues from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off for some free time fun. From how to get out of your school obligations to all the ways to spend your day off, Ferris certainly knows how to have a good time.
How to Fake Sick
- Clammy hands. Don’t create a phony fever because you may end up at the doctor. Instead fake a stomach cramp and while you’re bent over moaning and groaning, lick your palms.
Get Your Friends to Come Over
- Call and bother your friends mercilessly, eventually they will come over
How to Get Your Girlfriend Out of School
- Tell the school her grandma died and then have your BFF call in as her dad.
- Take your BFF’s Dad’s Ferrari for a sleek, fast ride
Have an Awesome Day
- Start by getting yourself and your friends out of school
- Take an awesome car
- Go to the tallest building in the city and look down to see the views
- Watch the stock exchange floor and mock them
- Go to a very fancy meal in the city
- Go to a baseball game
- Go to an art museum
- Attend and participate in a parade
- Drive home from the city
- Go to the pool
- Run home just in time and get into bed so that no one suspects a thing! (Except your sister.)
With a itinerary like this to follow, you have a foolproof way to have the best day off ever. Do you remember all the Ferris Bueller’s Day Off facts? Take this quiz to see: