Most 80s movies are filled with signs of the times. Family values tied in with a little bit of naughtiness and sealed with a hug. The Great Outdoors is no different and in fact, more families should do more of the things seen in this movie.
Things From The Great Outdoors Families Should Do More:
- Sing with each other to the radio in the car. The opening to this movie is so typically 80s and really a fun start.
- Hand in the middle, inspirational cheer before getting out of the car. This was fun
- Go outside and catch fireflies
- Play board games
- Cook dinner and spend time together
- Take a dad and son (parent/child) boat ride and really connect
- Sit around the fire and tell stories
- Hug in public
- Family fishing time
- Go horseback riding with the family
- Go to visit a stranger for his birthday party just because he’s the oldest guy in Canada.
- Go bear watching
- Catch animals by themselves instead of calling an exterminator. What is funnier than Roman and Chet trying to catch the bat?
- Encourage your family to be better to their family. It is truly heartwarming the way Chet influences Roman and “shows” him how to be a better dad
How many times have you seen this movie? Do you think you can pass a Great Outdoors quiz? Find out: