It’s 1987’s 30th birthday this year! Let’s celebrate all that was 1987 with happenings and facts from the year.
Like Totally 1987- What Life Was Like 30 Years Ago
Best TV Shows:
- The Cosby Show
- 60 Minutes
- Who’s the Boss
- The Golden Girls
- Murder, She Wrote A Different World
- Ninja Turtles (cartoon)
- Fatal Attraction
- Beverly Hills Cop
- The Last Emperor
- Good Morning, Vietnam
- Lethal Weapon
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- Dirty Dancing
- Michael Jackson
- Lionel Richie
- Janet Jackson
- Whitney Houston
- Bruce Hornsby with The Range
- George Michael
- Los Lobos
People That Were Born in 1987:
- Bow Wow
- Blake Lively
- Hilary Duff
- Zac Efron
- Nintendo named top toy of 1987
- In 1987, the US population was estimated at 244.6 million people and the world population at nearly 5 billion.
- The unemployment rate was 6.2%.
- On January 8th, 1987, the stock market closed above 2,000 for the first time at 2002.25.
- On Monday October 19th, 1987, the stock market experienced a 508 point drop (to 1,738.74) and the largest percent drop in history, 22.6%.
- Red Bull Debuted April 1st, 1987
- ALF was a famous TV star
- A gallon of gas ranged from 82 cents to 96 cents
- A dozen eggs ranged from a high of 86¢ to a low of 65¢
- The Clean Water Act was passed to address the pollution of estuaries and rainwater
- Bacon cost $1.80 per pound.
- A movie ticket cost $3.00.
Beverly Hills Cop and Dirty Dancing are classics and Red Bull remains popular throughout the years. Hats off to you 1987, and Happy Birthday!