This awesome 80s costume comes to us from one of our site readers, Chuck T. Thanks so much for sharing, Chuck! You look totally rad! This is Chuck dressed as Vince Neil during Halloween 2009.
In year’s past he have dressed as Billy Idol and won a costume contest. This past year he decided to try something a little different and take a more hands on approach to making his costume. Here’s how Chuck accomplished the Vince Neil look:
- The shirt is a women’s zebra print shirt I bought at Ragstock for 6 bucks. I took a scissors cut the sleeves and frayed the edges and bottom of the shirt. The remnants of the cutoff sleeves were tied around my wrists.
- The pleather pants were previously bought at Ragstock for my Billy Idol costume.
- The wig was purchased from a Halloween store.
- The fingerless gloves are my motorcycle gloves. The leather cuffs, necklaces, earrings, hip chains and belt were also leftovers from my Billy Idol costume.
- The biker boots are a pair I have had for about ten years.
- I bought an ordinary bandana for my head at Hot Topic. While walking through the Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) I happened to notice a lady airbrushing kids T-shirts. Luckily I was wearing my Mötley Crüe “Girls, Girls, Girls” t-shirt at the time so the lady sketched the logo on my new bandana and within minutes my ensemble was completed.
- A couple lady friends taught me how to do the makeup.
I thought the taking the picture in front of the padded bathroom doors would look fitting because the establishment I was in has a definite retro look and feel to it. — Chuck T.
For further costume inspiration, here is another reader submitted photo of a similar look.